Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Just like a Pill

I swear the place is like a drug. My drug.

I don't always know how they do it, but somehow they manage to put this spell over you. It's as if you can't stay away for long. OK, I can't stay away for long.

Andy and I had discussed this about a month ago. A short trip down there, for the weekend during Labor day. We plotted, looked up and toyed so heavily with the idea that we just about went ahead and booked. But of course things happen. And our plans never planned out. We put aside what we wanted to do for something, though I can't exactly remember what it was. I am sure we had good reasoning.

Money probably, it is always about money.

So here we are a month later. And what should appear in his inbox, a deal, on airfare. One that he just about can't turn down. And so once again he brings up the thought of going back down, for a few days. Nothing more.

Suddenly, we are back to entertaining the whole idea. Once again I find myself looking at the prices of hotels-which to my shock, is a whole lot less thanks to our AP's.-and damn it, here we go, you mean we can go down for less than 600 dollars?? I just about fall out of my seat. I mean seriously how much more do they need to tangle that carrot in front of me.

damn you Disney....tempting so very tempting..all you need to do is just push purchase.

The adult in me is saying no, be sensible. Think of the money. Be smart, you need to save. The Holidays are around the corner. Would four days in the world really be worth it??? Think about it. Long and hard before you hit that button.

But the kid in me is screaming YES. Andy would have finished three straight weekends of games on Saturdays. Meaning three straight weekends of not seeing his family, of seeing you. And what better way to go down and enjoy time with the family? And Logan, who has practically been begging to go down since we left property back in July. Think of the excitement on his face when you tell him you are going back....

and it would be a month from today....30 days....a hell of a lot closer than your current count of 294 days to go....and for a junkie, that is just about 294 days to long...

And just like a pill, this drug and its addiction it brings. Needs to be fed every now and then

The withdraw is pretty ugly.

No comments: