Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

A dream is a wish.

Its been almost two months since we stepped foot onto Disney property. Two months since little man first got that first taste of Disney magic.

Now being a Disney fanatic, I expect to feel that itch once again to head back down. To start planning my next getaway, and yes I already have. Thank you very much DVC membership. But what I didn't expect, or what I didn't know was this, how would my son like it? Would he? I actually didn't expect him to. I mean not to many people share in the same joy that I do. At least not to the same extent. My own husband hated it to begin with. So how would little man react?

Well let me just say this. For the past two months, he has been asking, no practically begging to go back. This only increases by the day. I can't recall the last time a day has gone by when he hasn't asked to go back to Disneyworld. And yes he is now referring to it as Disneyworld, instead of just the place with the castle like he did when we first returned.

And every day I have to break his heart and tell him no, not today. But soon. Well if you count 314 days from now soon. Though I don't suspect a two year old would exactly call this soon enough. OK not even to his mommy. But hey I have to pay for the next time eventually. Which means I get to stick behind this desk for a few more days, and then some more.

314 days. Really.

Admittedly I have sat behind this desk, and planned out a vacation for a weekend. Even though I often know its not really going to come about. I do this from home as well, little man sitting beside me, I know I shouldn't. But any amount of magic, even just a brief look at it can cheer this mommy and son team up.

'Oh the castle.' he says and gets all excited. 'Mommy can we go back to the castle.' he starts dancing around. I notice that he has yet to take off those Mickey crocs I got him while we down there. They were a last minute on the way out of the property splurge. Turned out to be the best investment yet. He is dancing around, and oh god how I wish. I contemplate this whole maybe we could go over a short weekend thought.

I know I know, I need to take him to places. Let him see the world outside of the mouse. But coming from someone who is happy with the warm, sunshine state and the magic it provides. Listening to little man as he bounces around begging to go back.

Well I couldn't be happier.

No comments: