Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Leap.

Sometimes all it takes is one leap.

I got a phone call about a week ago regarding a job opening with Fairfax County Schools that I applied to. They wanted me in for an interview. I sat there and thought, this was supposed to be easy. I was supposed to just be able to jump up and scream yes.

So why wasn't it? Why couldn't I?

Because I did have a job. Because I didn't need to look technically. And yet something told me to go ahead, call them and at least see what the deal was.  So I did. And as told, I scheduled myself for an interview.

Now all I had to do was sit and wait it out through an entire weekend where I had time to think and prepare. To worry and hope. To get my nerves in tact and yet pump myself up at the same time.

And when Monday came, and I walked into the office. I felt really good. Seriously. I found myself from the very moment thinking this is a place I could work. I could see myself fitting in here. As they described the details of the job, I thought. I could do this. This job was totally made for me. I wanted to stand and shout, to scream and say yes yes yes. But I knew I had to be professional and so I didn't I answered the best way I could. I did the best that I could. And in the end I left feeling good about myself. Truly I did.

And now?

Well now its the waiting game....
Here is to crossing my fingers that its better than I could imagine a week ago.

Because I really really want this...




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

Cori H. said...

Sounds awesome! I hope it works out for you! :)

eslachtdermai said...

Good luck, and keep us posted!