Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The 48 hour countdown

Its crunch time.

With less than 48 hours before we land in the most magical place around we found ourselves scrounging last night to make sure we had everything we needed.

Its unbelievable the amount of crap you need to bring. Seriously this was one thing no one prepared me for when we were expecting.

There is the toys, to get him through the sitting around the airport. The several changes of clothes for the airport.

The sippy cups and the extra bowls. And his favorite big Mickey. And just when we think we have everything there always seems to be one more thing to add to the list of necessities.

Just in case.

That isn't counting everything for Andy and I.

Funny, looking back my parents hated packing for vacations. We never took them on a regular basis but when we did it took them at least a week to pack everything. And we never flew. Due in part that the prices were outrageous, but they always claimed it was just easier to drive.

I get why now. Here I am 48 hours away from being in the happiest place on Earth and I am freaking out that I may have missed something. And its not like we will have a car to just drive there to the nearest Wally World to grab something.

Maybe my parents were on to something all those years ago. Really. Maybe they were.

Because I can guarantee you, right up until we take off. I am going to be rethinking everything we packed. And I can guarantee there is going to be at least one thing we will forget.

Though, being at my happy place. I kind of doubt I am going to care to much about it.

No comments: