Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Playoffs. Boston vs. Canucks


I was asked the other day if I had been keeping up with the playoffs, which are now into the finals. They were shocked when they discovered I really hadn't. A few tempted to feel my head and asked if I needed to see someone about it.

'Do you just not care?'

And here is the thing, it's not that I don't care. It's just. I don't. Not really. After our team is done for the season, so are we. My husband is on vacation for the summer and we really have no reason to follow them. I don't care who wins-though for the record I am rooting for the Bruins, Andy is rooting for the Canucks. The outcome will have little effect on our household. Though it has become a friendly rivalry between the two. In the long run, whomever wins, good for them. We will celebrate it for the day or two before moving on. Its just the way it is.

Yes I have watched a few of the games. Here and there. Mostly in pieces or in highlights. I saw the nasty hit Rome did on Horton. I have my own opinions and views on such a thing. I will comment away.

But I don't find the need to revolve my schedule around the playoff schedule. Not like I did when the Caps where playing. During the off season, I just don't find the need to do much of anything hockey related.

Not until September.

Sometimes the break is so nice. The break of not hearing about it. Not living every waking moment around hockey...

Does this make me any less of a fan? Does this make me a horrible fan? Doubtful. I don't think I am the only one that could really care less about such a thing once their team is out.

I really don't think there is a crime in this. Don't think that by not following the playoffs that this makes me any less of a fan actually.

Not at all.

Even the craziest of fans need a break from the sport.

No comments: