Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Good Redience.

Last night, just after the Caps lost their second straight playoff game, word got out that President Obama was going to make a huge announcement. Rumors began to spread that it had something to do with Bin Laden.

And so, like everyone else in America I flipped to our local station, and waited while the commentators talked. And then the word came...

9 and a half years after 9/11, Osama Bin Laden had been killed. His body dropped into the middle of the ocean so there could not be a burial, no a memorial for him. Across America people began to gather. At ground zero, at the Pentagon. At the White House. Rejoicing in the news that America's biggest threat was suddenly silenced for good.

And what did I do? Sit in front of my television. While I was amazed and thrilled that he was taken out I couldn't help ignore this nagging question. What next? Sure he was taken out but I am not so naive to know that he didn't have a number two. A second in command. And doesn't this just me they will be out for us that much more? When? Shall I have to fear even more now that something will happen. I hate to think of it, but can't help it either.

Still it was a great moment, a moment that I will look back and be asked what were you doing the day Bin Laden was killed?

My answer:

Well it was a Sunday, the Caps game was just finishing and I was trying to figure out what to wear to work the next day.

No comments: