Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

End of the regular season 2010-2011


And so this concludes another regular hockey season. If you haven't been following hockey at all, or the Caps let me recap.

The Caps pulled off some big wins during the last home stretch of the season. Not only winning the southeast division but with some help, and luck we also managed to find ourselves sitting at the top of the Eastern Conference, allowing and giving us home ice advantage to at least the Stanley Cup finals should we make it there.

Thats right, this could be the year. Then again my husband has said this for the past several years in a row now. Our journey towards the cup begins on Wednesday where we will be playing the Rangers. We should be able to win the series and advance. But then again we all said the same thing about last years Canadians. And we all know how that one turned out.

The funny thing about the whole end of the regular season, a few months ago we went through that losing streak, even myself doubted if just for a moment, that we wouldn't be making it in. That things were looking pretty bad. Twitter world went up on a buzz with thoughts that Bruce should be fired, Ovi should be benched and that the entire organization should be redone. I thankfully knew they would turn it around but so many people didn't.

And now here we are two days away from the beginning of another playoff season. I can already feel the anxiety start.

Of course making it into the playoffs does have its drawbacks as well. More so in my marriage than the team. Don't get me wrong. I love playoffs, but I know the longer they go on the longer I am a widow. The longer my husband will be traveling with them. The longer my son goes without seeing his father on a daily basis. I mean I would never wish them to lose, especially so early on. But making it into the playoffs, makes the season that much longer.

And when we lose. Yeah I lose. The household loses.

It also makes for a stressful time in the year. We have several nasty thoughts, plenty of arguments. As long as the Caps are doing well during the playoffs. -ie we are winning the series-then its all great. But when we lose. Man you better pull out some of that armor. Last year was pretty much a war zone.

So maybe just maybe this may be the year.
Because it would make for a hell of a lot better summer if they do.

So bring on the playoffs! And lets Rock the Red

No comments: