Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The drive.

I didn't get my license until I was 21.

Yes, I was a late bloomer when it came to that. But at the time, I didn't really need to drive. And I had pretty incredible parents-well either that or overprotective-who pretty much drove me wherever I wanted to go, when I needed to go.

But of course once I got my license, that all changed and I wondered how I ever survived the lack of freedom I had just so recently obtained.

Now, just about ten years later, I have found myself being chauffeured once more as I am still recovering. And now I find myself wondering how I ever managed to do it all those years ago. Now I find without the ability to drive its that much harder to work around my schedule. My work, my son, its all that much harder. How did I manage? How did I not find myself going stir crazy. OK maybe I did, and I just don't remember it.

I find I am counting down til that March 22nd date of when I get cleared to do everything once more. I long to just drive, roll down the windows. Go to the mall. Do something. Even if it is just to walk around. Because being in a house, whether it is my own or at my parents. Doing nothing, while nice can get rather boring at the same time.

I wondered how I managed not to worry about groceries. And about going to the bank, which I haven't done in ages and feel like I have had to bug just about any one to take me. And to see people...friends. Hang out with them.

I know I went years without so much of getting behind the wheel.
But now I don't how I can live without it....

No comments: