Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Sucker

Abc, what can I say. You have done it again. I swear I wasn't going to let you suck me into such overrated, predictable drama again. I vowed I would not watch, would not sit there week after week as one by one the girls would cry in front of the camera, exclaiming they are the one who is meant to be with the bachelor. They do these crazy antics, go way overboard and throw themselves at him and then sob as they are let go. I always find it amazing how many of them can't figure out why they weren't chosen at all.

I vow I won't get sucked in as I watch the couples go on the exotic dates. Feeling jealous as I watch because while I am married, there is a part of me that would love the opportunity for just half of what these ladies get to experience in the span of a few weeks.

And yet no matter how much I vowed, I find myself sitting here on the couch, with my husband nearly a foot away watching the very show I swore off just a few months ago. No, I can't explain it really. I know its not real, believe me I have noticed some Eire similarities between certain seasons, contestants and even episodes. And yet somehow your amazing ability to suck the viewer in has once again worked on this sole.

Somewhere across my forehead the word SUCKER is written all over it.

No comments: