Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Clean house.

I have another confession.

I can't seem to keep my house clean.

Now you may see nothing wrong with this, in fact you may find yourself saying so what? Its a house, a home. Surely it does not need to be immaculate. And while this may be true, I find it irritating me that I can't what so ever even keep it picked up.

I try. Believe me I do. Just this afternoon as my son was sleeping I walked around picking up things he had pulled out, because at just about two, the whole picking up concept still leaves a lot to be desired. I did the laundry, or started it anyway. I did the dishes. And I even managed to start putting away the holiday decorations. And yet. As my son got up from his three hour nap, I turned, to find the toys I had just picked up, pulled back out, leaving a trail once more in the wake. The trail is still there even if my son has been in bed for several hours now.

I would like to say this is an isolated case. But sadly it isn't. In fact its the norm. And honestly I don't know how any one with kids does it. I have seen several friends, and relatives all with kids whose home in no way looks like mine. They are neatly cleaned, laundry kept up, dishes no where near the pile that I obtain. I sit there and marvel at the fact that they can do it all, all the while feeling like I am somehow a failure for the lack of my cleaning skills.

And I wonder how they do it. After a full day of work, a combination of four hours commute, I just have the umf to clean. And when it comes to the weekends I don't want to spend the entire day with my head cleaning anything. No I would much rather spend my time with family, with the husband that I don't see often enough or catching up on my lack of sleep...

In no way do I want to clean.
Maybe its just me, judging by the houses I have visited it, it probably is.

Because the question remains, how does anyone do it.

No comments: