Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Snow day.


Ah yes, after much bitching and complaining to the snow gods, it seems as though the DC area may actually be getting the snow that they have requested all winter long.

Yipee.

Now to most, this is exciting news, as it was, most of the major school systems across the area went ahead and closed their doors this morning before any of the kids even arrived. And it was raining. Meaning we had yet to see a drop of snow. Even if they were forecasting it, I found the move to be a little odd.

Never the less, it was exciting and thousands of people in the area have gotten what they have been wanting for awhile now.

Well, call me the grinch. But me. I don't work for the school system, and I am no longer a student in the school system. And while they are praying for it on a daily basis, I am dreading it. It means having to try and figure out work situation. Which lets face it, probably won't be happening. Which means I have to use a vacation day, meaning I have to make sure I have enough for the other vacations.

It means trying to figure out if we have enough stuff to get by on for a few days, just in case it happens we are stuck, for a few days. Its all the little things that half the people aren't thinking about.

Lord I wish I was a kid again.
When the thought of snow was exciting. When I actually wanted it to snow. When having a few days off were ok, because everyone had off and it was acceptable. Now I fight the feeling of being thought of as weak, or getting crap from the boss because I couldn't make it in. And then if you do go in, you find your the only one who actually made it in, and you think well shit, I mean I tackled the nasty weather for this, to sit in an empty office with no one else around.

There often is no win win, nor is there a right answer when it comes to the whole snow days off in the office ordeal.


Yep. Being a kid right about now sounds perfect.

No comments: