Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Taylor Time.

Dear Taylor Swift-

This past weekend while my husband was at work I sat in the midst of the living room engaged in a heated game of hockey with my almost two year old son Logan. I say heated because despite the fact that he is nearly half my size and quite the number of years younger, he has quite the slap-shot developing.

Lucky me.

So there I was getting the crap beaten out of me by a happy go lucky toddler who could care less about anything other than the sport when halfway through his 'gooooaallll' he stops mid sentence and freezes in place. He begins to babble something that I am sure makes perfect sense in his precious mind but takes anyone over the age of two a little longer to figure out.

'Pretty. Pretty Pretty.'

I begin to blush, I mean who wouldn't fall for this line? Especially with those blue/green eyes of his? I began thanking my son when he shook his head and continued to mumble. And then thats when I saw it. A commercial on the screen and it was, you. Promoting your Speak Now album. And suddenly I knew it wasn't me that he was so in love with. But a gorgeous blonde who had somehow captured his attention.

He quickly abandons the hockey game, and I assume he is satisfied that he has won as he quickly finds the remote-which is sort of scary to even know that he knows exactly what this is-and turned to me.

'Pretty watch pretty.' He then tapped the television, to make his point clear.

I do what any mom would do and begin searching through VH1, MTV and CMT hoping that I would get lucky enough that one of them may be playing something of yours.

They weren't.

But lucky for me, our local cable network offers a thousand of your videos on demand for free and I spent the next hour watching 'Love Story.' And 'You Belong with me.' Though his personal favorite seems to be 'Mine.'

Now while watching your videos with my son I discovered a few things about him. First my boy likes blondes, second he can dance. And third, he has already come to terms that he is going to marry you.

Seriously.

During the video for 'Love Story.' we watched and my little Logan got this huge beam across his face. He seemed to be enjoying it very much. That is until the Prince came across. And then he turned to me and clinched his teeth to say... 'GRRR..GRRR GRR.' He looked confused and began to mumble and babble again, happy to see you solo once more. This seemed to be a common them throughout all of your videos and your love interests.

It was his first experience with jealousy. I am afraid it won't be his last.

Still I figured I would ask, and so with my own heart breaking, after all I am no longer number one in his eyes-I asked if he loved you. He smiled and shook his head. Yes. I then decided to ask if he was going to marry you. Again he smiled and shook his head. He then pointed to the blonde haired boy in the 'You belong with me.' And said...'No...Pretty, Mine....Pretty mine.'

So dearest Taylor, you see my son has every hopes of marrying you. Please don't break his heart.

Love-
Me.

PS. I look forward to welcoming you into our family.

2 comments:

eslachtdermai said...

I'm sorry, but that is just way too cute and adorable for words. And I'm sure you're still number one in his book...don't worry pretty mama.

Aleisha said...

Ah thanks, no it was adorable. Clearly so. It actually cracked me up when he was going on and on about 'Pretty.'