Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Number 21



Meet Brooks Laich. He is a 27 year old center for the Washington Capitals. He also happens to be my favorite player. And yes I will admit, not only do I happen to think he is an incredible hockey player. I also happen to have a bit of a crush on him. Meaning, yes I think he is quite fine looking. Admittedly I am not the only female in the DC area that thinks so. But for purpose of this blog, lets just pretend shall we?

So this past weekend, my husband, my son and myself made our way out to a local mall. For no reason what so ever than the fact we just needed to get out for a bit. Dressed in my Boston Red Sox hoodie and a pair of jeans and my husband in his usual Cap attire we made our way through the stores. And like usual, we had to walk past the memorabilia store just to take a peak. Though this time, it would not be my husband that would go in there drooling but rather myself.

For right there, to the side, doing a meet and greet was none other than Brooks Laich.

I stood there looking until the lady informed us that we were crowding the front of the store, which apparently is not allowed. And unless we were going to look, buy or get an autograph-at the tune of $40, we needed to move on. Needless to say, my husband couldn't get in the line fast enough.

You may be thinking, wait a minute doesn't your husband work for the team? Shouldn't that mean you have connections? Well your right Andy does work for them. However because he does, we aren't allowed to go up to the rink and meet them like everyone else does. I mean I am pretty sure if it was just myself and my son. But Andy isn't really supposed to. So we grabbed a Brooks Laich shirt, quickly paid and stood in line. I wondered if he would even recognize Andy, since he has been helping him on a couple of projects, the logo for his brand for one thing-note he didn't do the design just merely advised him on things-When it was our time, Brooks looked up and immediately gave me shit for my hoodie, all in good fun. As soon as Andy said hello they two quickly began chatting about logos and what not, and my hoodie quickly forgotten.

And while they stood talking about logos, and my son, I stood like a fifteen year old high schooler barely able to get my words out of my mouth. I had asked Andy to make sure I got a pic with him. But as he said goodbye and we walked out of the store I really wasn't thinking of that picture.

That is until halfway down the mall....
Still I had his autograph and his t-shirt.

And for some reason that was good enough for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would call that a memorable trip to the mall!