Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

A total me day.

The final weekend of September means, its the final weekend before I become a widow. The final weekend before I have to work my schedule out with a hockey schedule, which requires just a little bit more of creative planning. That being said, because of it being the last weekend my husband let me have an entire day to myself.

Sort of like a mother's day in September.

So how did I spend my not so official mothers day?

Well to begin with, getting a much needed haircut and color. I always seem to put it off way to long, for two reasons. One being I am just lazy, but the main reason is financially. Which makes me wait as long as I can before it drives me crazy and I can no longer stand it. Of course, I always leave there saying I should have done this a lot sooner. And a lot more often. Its always amazing just how much a haircut can do for one's spirits. I decided after seeing a photo of Kaite Holmes to go ahead and get it chopped off in the exact same fashion. So for the past two weeks I have been anticipating, and yes worrying a bit that it wouldn't look exactly the way I thought it was going to look. I even thought about scrapping the idea and backing out of it entirely. But as I sat there in the chair I thought what the hell, it's hair. It will grow back. I handed the picture over to my stylist, the same I have had for the past three years and waited for her to tell me it wasn't a great idea. Instead however she stood there and beamed, claiming that this would look absolutely fabulous, including the hair color. She also promised it would be easy to maintain and that I would love it.

There was however no money back guarantee.

I guess its a good thing I absolutely loved it.

Afterward I met up with one of my best friends to do a little retail therapy and dinner. Spending way more than I probably should have, on things I am not so sure I even needed. OK I take that back because I actually did need those shoes for an upcoming wedding, so maybe I did need some of it. But after a few hours and an incredible feeling I realized there are times. When its just needed and accepted. This being one of them. I mean its not often anymore that I get the time to spend with a good friend, complain about men and just enjoy the day. Don't get me wrong, I love and adore my son. I love my husband. But with a hockey schedule, a full time job, a two hour commute one way, and school, I tend to forget to take the time to enjoy friends. To enjoy life at times.

And just like my haircut, I left my friend, thinking I should do this more often. Maybe not spend so much, but get out, hang out leave my son and Andy at home for awhile.

And just be me.

No comments: