Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Disney Planning for others



By now everyone knows of my love for Disneyworld. They know how much I enjoy every minute of planning every detail. From the flights, to the meals. To figuring out which resort we will be calling home. But what you may not know, is just how much I enjoy helping others who have yet to get hit with the Disney bug plan their own Disney vacations.

I was contacted last night by a friend who plans on taking her almost four year old daughter to my magical place. Neither have ever been, which means as a newbie she was looking for anything. She began looking at things but didn't even know where to begin, and that's when she said she knew exactly who she would go to. That person just happened to be, yours truly. I must say, I was touched that out of everyone she came to me. As she stated there is a lot of information out there, some more helpful than others. But as someone who has never even ventured the idea of Disney prior to this, she became overwhelmed and lost. She figured I would know and be able to pick apart things even further. Or rather as she said, she felt like she would be getting an inside track of everything.

Lets face it, vacation planning can be hard enough. To quote my friend 'its just so overwhelming' to most. After all how do you make sure you know what your doing, four parks, two water parks. An interactive indoor park? Not to mention a downtown shopping center area and all those food choices. Even myself, a veteran of the whole planning process looks back now at the days when I didn't know half of what I know now and still admits to needing help and researching things from time to time. I can only imagine what it must be like to someone who has never been to Disney.

We sat there as I explained the dining plan, the ticketing options. Fastpasses. Which resort may be best to fit her needs.

And what I find in return is pure enjoyment. Watching them get all excited about it. Seeing their eyes light up when I talk about the electric water parade or the fact that no they don't just have to do parks all day. Something inside of me bursts with a little more pride seeing them put things together. And ok so I admit, knowing I had a hand in getting them to this point dif doesn't hurt. In fact its even a sense of accomplishment. I have helped yet another person out. While they may be the ones that are heading down to the world. It is I, who gets excited for them.

As my friends conversation moved on to other things, she asked if she had any other questions could she come to me?
Naturally I smiled and said absolutely. She knew where I was.
And then in true Disney fashion I told her to have a magical day!

No comments: