Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Application Day

And so all begins the most magical time of year again.

That is however, if you are a Disney vacation planning fool who has a knack of helping others plan their own dream Disney vacation. While the panel is called, the Disney Moms Panel, you don't have to be a mom to actually be a part of it. A dad, a grandmother or just someone who has that passion for all things Disney works as well.

I woke up this morning feeling very much like a kid on Christmas morning. I knew this was the day. The day when applications would start being accepted, when twitter would go nuts with things like #2011disneymomspanel and well wishes from every walk of life. I made sure to get to work, start up my computer and get everything situated just so I could sit and stare at the computer's clock as it read that it was just barely 8 in the morning.

I had an hour. It was all so very reminiscent to my childhood, sitting there waiting for my mom's coffee to finally get done so she could come out only to watch us tear through the presents within five minutes. But I would wait, and I would be patient until 9 in the morning. But you better believe as soon as 9 rolls around I would be hitting that link and....

And I have a meeting at 9, its Monday. I forgot. I would have to wait that much longer to apply. Making it that much more agonizing. I would sit through the meeting and think about what the questions be, and the meeting would be a total waste of time I could just see it.

Which is why I was more than thankful that the meeting was canceled.

At 8:45 I decide to park myself in front of my computer, and promise not to so much as breathe before I finish the application.

And still I wait. Twitter as predicted starts blowing up with the good lucks and pixie dust and all the warm fussy's. By now I have five minutes to go, and I admit I start getting a little nervous. I made it through to round 2 last year. Would I be able to live up to the same sort of answers I had in the previous year? Does it even matter if its not exactly the same? Last year was the first time that I had applied so.

By 9 I am excited, nervous and thrilled. Here is my chance to do something I love. I generally love seeing the smiling faces when I help them plan their dream vacation. Whether it was paid or not does not concern me, because its something I want. I finally log on to the site, and begin answering the questions.

Now I don't recall all the questions from last year. But from what I remember they were rather generic. At least the ones from round 1 were. And they were rather easy for me. This year however, yeah its a little harder and I take the time to really think what I want to say. Because lets face it, 100 words isn't exactly the easiest to explain everything you want to.

But after two hours of thinking, proofreading and rereading once again I came out with the best answers that represented me and hit submit. Knowing that once I did the only thing I could do from then on out, is wait until the day when we all hear a yea or a nay.

November 8th seems like an eternity from now.

No comments: