Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Spread a little Glee

So you have someone special going to Disney?

Yes we do. My six and a half year old nephew who has never been to the magical world. From the very start of the process-two years ago mind you-we wanted to make this the most special of events for him. After all you only go to Disney for the first time once. We have already set up an in room surprise, which I will further explain once we get back. But what about before? To get him pumped up.

I had been doing my research on how to make it special for anyone. In doing so I cam across one of Disney's websites, where you can get one of the characters to call your house and wish you a magical greeting. Yesterday during an uneventful day at work, I decided to go ahead and schedule the call-for a total of 2.49- which my nephew would receive that evening right around dinner time.

So we gathered around the dinner table as at 7:01pm 'Mickey Mouse' called the house to speak to my little buddy. And as the phone rang and his face lit up as Mickey told him he was excited to see him, and wish him good night I realized something.

This is what the magic is all about. This is what Disney is all about. Its make believe and happily ever afters. Its little boys and Peter Pan. And its the pure joy that a mouse can bring to just about anyone.

He hung up and asked how I knew Mickey. I told him I had special connections, to which he looked at me skeptically and muttered how cool that was. It made his entire night.

And was dif. worth the nearly three dollars. Every cent of it.

No comments: