Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

How do you spell freedom? V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N!

OK so technically I am not exactly on vacation. In fact my flight doesn't even take off til Saturday morning. Still, as I walked out the door this afternoon I couldn't help but do a little dance inside my head. I wanted to scream out.

I am going to Disney World and even if I go there every year, and everyone knows this I still wanted to tell everyone.

I also happened to have been smart enough to take off tomorrow, figuring that with the planning of our first major family vacation I was going to need some quiet before the storm so to say...which also means I have extended my vacation by one day. So while I am technically going on vacation until Saturday, technically I already am on vacation, though as I told my husband Andy, its a one day staycation until we leave.

Yes vacation. I need it. I need Disney.

And then I thought, its not just Disney that I was looking forward to but vacation itself. After all, I hadn't had any significant amount of time off since February, which I realize is a lot sooner than some but with a one and a half year old, hockey season, a full time career and part time school, I needed time off. I deserve time off. A lot of people may laugh at this, but I think we all do. To refresh to recharge. To realize that there is more to life than sitting in a cube the entire year.

Vacation. Time with family. Time with friends. I need it. My husband needs it. Hockey season will be starting soon, and unlike last year there is no Olympic break, and he won't be getting two weeks off in the midst of it.

And it wouldn't matter if it was Disney or Knoxville TN, as long as I am away from work for more than three days with my son, and my family I am perfectly happy.

No comments: