Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

I want it that way.

That's my song. My go to, I need a pick me up. Please lord let me get through this song.

It's the song I sing when I get nervous, the first time I ride a roller coaster. The song I sing when I am in pain. It was the song I sang through labor-on a side note-when they turned me away the first time at the hospital i came home and put on mtvhits videos...and the video playlist was 1990's..the video.

I want it that way.

So yes its my song.

I don't know what it is about the song exactly. The fact it has been my favorite boy band probably didn't hurt either. But whatever it is, no matter what it is I find myself singing it. Even after a decade of it's first appearance on the radio, it's the song I absolutely go to.

I mention this, because my financing professor posted our midterms this afternoon. Or at least the grades. I rushed home, not particularly interested in finding out my grade. But why not. I mean I would have to find out sooner or later.

So I got on.

And my heart hurt. There in front of me, staring me straight in the face, was a big fat F.

I broke down and cried. I mean I just don't get it. Obviously. I wished I did. I immediately jumped on and emailed my professor once more in hopes to do anything to improve my grade. Haven't heard back.

And while I cried, I knew I needed to go to the one thing, to turn to the one thing that may not make everything perfect, would not change my grade or bring the world peace.

But would at least make me smile. Would bring me to the happy place one more.

So I hopped in my car, hoked up my ipod to my stereo and blared what else?

I want it that way.

And for the moment, I was happy.

No comments: