Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

time is flying.

As a kid time stood still. The school year seemed to long but then again in a way summer seemed long. The holidays could never get here fast enough. Yes time was my friend. And I couldn't wait to grow up. Of course my mom always said that there would be a day, when time would move a lot faster. When summers would begin to blur, when a year wasn't measured by a school year, there would be in fact no time in between like there was back then. I of course didn't believe her. No way would it ever happen.

But of course the old saying is always right. And my mother did in fact know best.

I am sitting here, a week and a half away from November. Trying to figure out when it became the end of the year. Or close to it anyway. I remember summer as though it was yesterday. It felt like it was summer yesterday. My son, will be nine months in a week and a half. And how in the hell did that happen?

He was born yesterday. I could have sworn it.

And she was right, time only goes by faster as you get older. I don't know why it happens. Perhaps its more responsibility one obtains as they get older. Or maybe time just really is flying more than it used to.

But whatever it is. She was right.

As always.

1 comment:

Cori H. said...

Time is a crazy thing. I remember being a kid and thinking that Christmas would never come, or my birthday would never come. Now, it seems as if we just had Christmas when it's already been a year! I realize as I get older that time just keeps on flying. Seems to go by faster the older you get.. I guess that's why you have to make every day count though, right? :)