Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

story time my friends!

seven years ago i was working at a local radio station (Z104). i absolutely loved this job. i wrote about it in kiwi, and from time to time go back to reminisce about the whole experience.

anyway. moving on.

i was the receptionist/assistant to promotions. meaning i greeted any one that came through the front doors, from stars to your average joe. but of course i was not the only one to work at the radio station. and there was this guy.

chris.

ah. yes chris. sales guy chris. young guy.

i remember him fondly. he had blonde hair, blue eyes and was just all around nice looking. i suppose you can say i had a crush on chris back then. i had been dating andy for maybe a year, but still chris was a nice piece of eye candy. if i recall i came back one afternoon and immediately wrote about how he asked me to lunch with him one afternoon after i was eating by myself. i thought i was soooo lucky.

chris left a few months later. not to long after that the radio station closed down, and half of us were let go. myself included.

your probably asking yourself, why am i telling you this. i have a point. keep reading...

flash forward to this afternoon.

its lunch time. im getting myself my lunch together, rich and chicken. i decide to head down to the cafe to grab myself my mid day mojo (caffeine preferably diet dr.pepper) im minding my own business. when i turn. and who by chance is standing there in the kitchen-and believe me it isnt a big kitchen.-

chris.
and he looks just as good as he did all those years ago.

i dont say anything because it has been so long. and maybe it isnt him. but i could swear it is. because well i would know. so i just kind of do my thing and then he looks up. and he smiles.

and omg. its him.

he looks down, and then back up again. and i can see the light bulb go off. he asks if he knows me, i say yes. it dawns on him, the station. we chat for a few minutes. and catch up. he think proceeds to tell me that he opened his own cleaning business and his company cleans our offices. so he is over here quite often now.

i wanted to freak.
he is just as gorgeous as i remember him to be.

after he says, now that he knows he will have to catch up with me from time to time. and stop by.

i walked away smiling..

he remembered me, maybe not by name. but by face. and i just wanted to jump up and say yes!

believe it dif. made my day that much brighter.


you know it really is a small world at times.

No comments: