Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

As I am leaving for the afternoon, my bosses boss is at the elevator. He begins talking, about filling a requisition I created two weeks ago now. He is on his way to interview the number one candidate they had in mind. He asked how long it would take for them to go through the approval process. I informed him, it doesn't take much. All he had to do was push the approved before it gets sent over to the two recruiters and thats it.

He asks if I would be in tomorrow.

My mouth begins to drop. Do they realize how close I am to having this baby? I said that I plan on it as long as I don't have little one before then. He told me I have to be in the office tomorrow. Because he needed to see me first thing tomorrow morning. And it just amazes me because I started this process for this req two weeks ago. And they knew and know that I am expecting, and that I am due in less than two weeks. He asked when my official due date was, and I told him Feb 9th. And he said then there is nothing to worry about, that if it was next Friday that he would be concerned but that I should and would be in the office tomorrow. There is no other excuse for me not to be.

Again it just amazes me. Because I could go out. And I could have this baby tomorrow. And its not that they didn't have time to plan, or to think about it. I have been on there backs to get this things done because of this very reason. And yet they are the ones to take their sweet ass times.

Like they aren't expecting me to have this baby at all.

No comments: