Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2008

So I got this new job just as the new year started. I went from sitting behind a desk for eight hours a day doing pretty much nothing to working hours that vary and projects that come and go. Many involving the use of Excel spreadsheets. And while I consider myself knowledgeable with most microsoft and apple products and programs for that matter. I loath excel. Numbers after all have never been much my thing as it is.

I get this project. A project I will now be doing once a month from now til whenever. And I was told it would be pretty easy once I got started. But two months later, I find myself ready to shoot myself in the head rather than deal with it.

Who thought of these programs anyway? The kicker is , I am pretty sure they have me doing this to kill time for I often wonder who actually pays much attention to some of the research? I guarantee they will look at it for a token of perhaps five minutes, before saying oh ok, and move on to the next project.

Its the corporates way of wasting time and money.

No comments: