Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Here's to a long weekend.

So what happens when the 4th of July lands on a Friday?

The office is empty. And those that do tend to come in the before the long weekend, seem to head out by noon. Trust me on this. I know.

It is tempting. Awfully so. Especially considering I myself am heading out of town the moment I hit the doors. But I am trying to hang in there as long as possible. Seeing that it is 8 minute before noon and half my cube row is gone, I would say I am doing somewhat well.

This long weekend however also marks the first long weekend that I haven't had to do homework since the beginning of January. And how good does that feel? Pretty good my friends, pretty good. Not t hat doing homework takes up every single minute. Believe me it doesn't. I still have time to spend with family, and all. But it requires more planning and preparation. Plus I kind of like the thought that I can go away for a few days and not have to think about a paragraph that needs to be written. Well unless it is for creative writing purposes and then, hey I am all in.

So what then is the plan for the three day weekend? Disney planning-come on you didn't think I would not?-we have 30 days to go. Its crunch time. Especially since this go around we are bringing my parents and my nephew so that will require a little bit more of extra special planning and making sure everyone is on the same page when it comes to that sort of stuff. No sweat we have it.

Of course I have to get through the last few hours of the work day before I can even think the word mini vacation.

Here is to it.

No comments: