Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May Day

Thus begins what is probably one of my favorite months of the year. Yes I realize its my birthday month, and my anniversary month, and mothers day. So technically I suppose you can say I am kind of biased when it comes to this. But even without all of these things to factor in, I would have to say the statement would be true no matter what.

The weather is pretty damn near perfect, its not cold and its not to hot. I still have the hot lazy days of summer to look forward to and winter is that much more a distant memory.

I flipped over the calender this morning and stared at the happenings going on.

And while I had expected it to a busy month, staring at everything that was going in solidified it that much more.  This year, the busy month of the year appears to be May. Well, I suppose there is one in every year.

Between birthdays and anniversaries lays mothers day, and birthday parties that my son was invited to. Playoff hockey and a final exam. Meetings, appointments, who thought scheduling all of these around the same time a brilliant idea?

Of course I scan down, to the final week of the month. And am quickly reminded that the reward for the busy month is a little get away for six days......the same one that was scheduled for March initially.

23 days from now.

To celebrate a lot of things.

But mainly to celebrate the fact we will have survived the month.


No comments: