Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Ten things to look forward to during off-season

Attention! Attention! I have an announcement. Hockey season is now officially over. Well if your a Caps fan that is. And while yes I am disappointed and saddened by the thought-after all this was supposed to be our year.- I always try to find the bright side of things. Which means I bring you the top ten things I am looking forward to now that it has officially come to an end.


10. Knowing the next time I see Schultz, it won't be in a Caps jersey.

Seriously dude, pick a direction and just go with it, better yet, we are shooting for the goal at the other end...

9. I now have 3 months of not having to worry about whether I have to find a commuting partner.

Because I don't need anything adding to my already two hour commute thank you very much..

8. I don't have to hear. 'Hey do you think you can get me a pair of tickets... for three months...'

On those same lines, I don't have to hear people fighting over whom is going to go to what game....

7. I can finally wash anything pertaining to the 3: Caps, red, anything worn during playoffs.

For fear that had I washed them any earlier I would have totally jinxed us. And while I appreciated the leftover chocolate, onlookers didn't.

6. Hello Friends!!

Pretty sure half of them think we are dead...

5. My son may actually realize that his parents are in fact still married.

That's right little man, this strange man who is gone most of the season is your daddy...whats that? No he does not live at work after all...

4. We just may celebrate our anniversary on our anniversary.

Because its always put on hold until after its over....

3. Having conversations without the words OVI, Backstrom,Laich and Green in them.

Because I love my men, I love my team but HBO stopped tapping 24/7 just about a year and a half ago...I don't need repeats.

2. I am free to blog about things other than hockey.


Just think of the endless possibilities with this one...

and the number one thing I am looking forward to...

1. One word: DISNEYWORLD....

And nope, I do not need a damn championship in order to scream this at the top of my lungs...

No comments: