Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Mommy I'm a big boy now.


Well it had to happen. Our little man had to grow up. And this weekend, was another step in the process. We decided after months of debate, to finally move Logan from a crib to a big boy bed.

A thought that made this mom sort of sad. My baby is no longer that. He is a growing toddler who is forming his own opinion, like the fact that his room was going to be what else: Cars.

We toyed back and forth between a toddler bed and a twin size bed. Was he really ready for the big boy big boy bed, but really how long would he stay in a toddler sized bed? In the end we stuck with a twin size-to which he even picked out-figuring he would stick in a hell of a lot longer than the toddler.

And as my husband put everything together and the last of the pillows were plopped on the bed, I looked around and didn't recognize any of it. The room and my son. When did my son grow up. I couldn't remember what it had looked like just a few hours ago with the crib in it.

Of course it is yet to be completed, the finishing touches will be done the end of this upcoming weekend. Now as long as we can get him to sleep in it, without an issue.

Then it will be considered a success.

No comments: