Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Keep it rolling...Game 2.


As if Wednesday's game wasn't nerve wrecking enough my mom and I decided why not, head back down to the phone booth to sit through yet another playoff game. After all, sharing tickets with the in-laws means I don't know when it may be my last game of the season.

But given the fact we won Wednesday's game 1. I went in feeling a little more at ease than I did on that day. Still these are the Rangers. And I was pretty sure they weren't going to leave quietly.

I was just hoping it wouldn't be as nerve wrecking, nail biting as it was during game 1. Just like game 1, Verizon Center was hoping, the noise in the beginning pure deafening. It was like that for the better part of the first half, it helped that the Caps were pretty dominant. And even though it remained scoreless after the buzzer went off indicating the end of the period, we all seemed pretty pumped.

Heading into the second is always dreadful with me. A couple of years ago, I even hated the second period. It always seemed to be the period that just about killed us. Still I remained hopeful that we could pull ahead and stay ahead. I watched through my hands whenever the Rangers were on the attack. Hoping, praying that we could clear it. Only breathing when they did just that.

And when we finally scored, and pulled ahead I finally relaxed. Just a bit.

Turns out, that one would be all we needed. Sure we scored in the third to make it a 2-0 lead. But that first goal dif. brought the crowd and the Caps back to life....

And by the final buzzer, we realized we now have a 2-0 series lead heading up to NY....

While we may have the two game lead.
I am pretty sure the Rangers aren't giving up just yet.

Still, bring on NY. And all the big city has to offer.

No comments: