Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

So much to do, so little time.

So after much thought, and a few questions, it looks like I will in fact be throwing little man a birthday. And by that I mean, having a party which consists of my family, Andy's family and then two girlfriends with their sons/nephews that Logan is close with.

Which means, this little party that I thought was going to be little, has now become the possibility of 20. Granted this is not a lot of people to a lot of people and certainly not a lot of kids in the grand scheme of things. But this is a lot of people to me, who is not a grand gathering sort of person. Who feels slightly uncomfortable when there is more than four people I have to focus on. And the more you add, the more awkward I seem to get.

I am very much introvert in fact.

But I am not about to let my introverted tendencies ruin or stop me from having a 'party' for my son.

Which means I have about two weeks to get it all together. To figure out all that needs to go in. And while I would like to say I am a pro, fact is I have no clue on how to through a kids birthday party. Should be expected since surprise, I have never had a kid. Yes, I planned my wedding pretty much all on my own. But this is no wedding. And Logan is not at the age where I think he can handle games, and party favors and all that stuff. So do I still do it anyway?

Two weeks. Two weeks to figure it all out.
To get a cake, to think about lunch.
To think about cleaning the house.
And to get a present.
Not to mention, having both sides of the family together for the first time since we got married.

Two weeks.
My introvertedness is already exhausted.
And not so secretly freaking out.

No comments: