Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Just about a week into the New Year and changes have already begun. Mainly in the form of Logan who is just about three weeks shy of a year old. Over new Years he began pulling himself up by himself. In the short week that it started, he has now moved on to pulling himself up on the stairs, and is finally getting the hang of his knees under him which gives me hope that he may actually crawl on all fours after all. Believe me I think Andy and I were beginning to believe the army crawl was going to be a lasting thing.

And the new year brings the second half of the hockey season. And while we are halfway through, I don't expect it to be an easy quick end. In fact I have already been given fair warning that my widowhood may last all the way til the end of June. Leaving us the month of July to focus on us as a family with no hockey, no school to distract us.

Not an easy thought but we must do what we must do.

Just as Logan's motor skills are improving. His verbal skills are coming right along. His two front teeth broke through on Christmas. A fact I find hilarious since I wrote to 'Santa' asking for them to come in. And loo and behold they do. Last count he had a total of six all together. And he seems to be a petty happy baby considering. He spends most of his days babbling on to people holding lavish conversations in which only he knows what they are discussing. But from an observer, it doesn't seem like to many people mind. Related or not.

Now the only question that will remain is this. Will he become his aunt, who has never met a stranger. Or more like his mother. A quiet shy observer.

Time will only tell.

No comments: