Pages

Friday, October 30, 2009

As if things couldn't get any better.
Mr. Logan seems to be. Well sick.

Which honestly does not surprise me. A few weeks ago, he had two colds. Back to back. They canceled the appointment on me because they did not think it was that serious. So we went on with things. We got him a swine flu shot this past Saturday, one of the required two doses. And by Tuesday night, he wasn't keeping anything down. He wasn't taking a bottle or eating food. We stayed home on Wednesday to make sure he was ok. By the evening he seemed to be better.

But now he is running over 100* temperature. He is all coughy, and raspy. And should i continue. Thankfully, my mother in law watched him yesterday, and my mom has him today. Because while I have the hours. I need to hold on to them in case something else should come along.

So once again, we have called the doctor. Still waiting to hear back if they are going to be able to squeeze him in. Hoping they will. Because this makes pretty much the fourth week in a row where I have tried to get him to see someone. But since the swine flu on top of the regular flu has hit then it seems as though no one is getting anywhere. Or going anywhere until they are in dire need of something.

Of course, this being a 9 month old I would like to think that they may see him. Because he can't exactly tell me what hurts and what doesn't.

And I am being a worried mom who doesn't know what to do. And all I can do, since I am in SE DC, and he is in Centreville, is sit here and wait for word from my mom regarding anything. Not only am I a worried mom. But i am feeling very guilty. Because I have plans to go to the hockey game. And my mom has kindly decided to watch him and keep him overnight so that I can do so. And she is still telling me to go out and have a great time. And all the while I feel as though I should be home. It is my son. I mean shouldn't I? Its times like this, when I wish I could be that stay at home mom. Who I know don't have it as easy as we all think. But at least I could be with him. And take care of him. And all.

But sadly. It is not an option at the moment...
So I continue to just be a nervous mommy..

Ah...the life of a mom

No comments: