Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Thoughts on Octumom

I know having eight babies at one time is a pretty big deal. After recently having one, I can't even begin to imagine having eight at a time. That being said, enough is enough. It seems as though we can't go through a day without hearing about this or that. About hearing the latest from the octumoms spectacles. It gets rather old really fast.

The news jumps over everything about her. She went there, she didn't do this. She didn't do that. To begin with I was interested. I don't exactly know why I was. But I was. Maybe because she gave birth to them a week before I had Logan. Maybe because its the only thing that is on anymore. I think we all paid attention to it to begin with. Because lets face it, it was interesting. It was newsworthy.

But now?

Now, who really cares. Aren't we giving her exactly whats she wants by drawing attention to it? Aren't we feeding into the madness by watching it? Isn't the only way to get rid of a pest is to ignore it?

No comments: