Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2009

so how does it feel to be a mom?

amazing!

thats what. its just so amazing how easy, how natural it comes. i thought, for awhile there how i wouldn't know what to do. how i would do things all wrong. and how i just wouldn't be half the mom my own mother was. or is. but surprisingly, everything is coming naturally. perhaps it is built in to all of us.

and i am totally in love with him. granted i expected to be. but i just, i just didn't know or think i could possible love someone so little and so new. but it is a wonderful joy to know.

and what about andy?

oh he is amazed and just as much in love with our little 'blueberry' as i am. and he is a wonderful father. letting me sleep last night because i am still very weak and lightheaded and just exhausted. i felt horrible but he said, he knows what i went through was scary, and they told him that i would be this way for a bit. because the reality is, while childbirth is normal. and all, i lost a lot of blood and had to have my placenta scrapped out of me. and that is not.

so yeah we are adjusting and loving every minute of it.

my milk has finally come in, i tried breastfeeding but it really wasn't working so i am pumping instead and its working a hell of a lot better. we are also keeping soy formula handy, just in case and use it when we can, or need. but so far he seems to be taking to the breast milk really rather nicely.

because of both pumping and my complications andy is telling me and encouraging me to eat more often, to keep not only my strength up but to keep my nourished. i love that man. he is so concerned for me. makes me sit, rest and all.

i need it for not only myself now but for logan.

so yes. i love being a mommy. i am enjoying it. its going to be a lot of hard work, there are going to be challenging moments, which is all to be expected. but i am looking forward to it.

and i wouldn't change it for the world.

No comments: