Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2009

So tomorrow starts back to work, the first full week that I have had in quite some time. It sucks, the whole thought does. I am trying to remind myself that this will be one of the last weeks before I go on maternity leave. But I know, at least in my eyes, that this is not going to a picnic, nor any vacation. Its going to be more or less a time of adjustment for everyone. Andy, myself and baby Logan, which we pretty much think is going to be the name....

But work.

I think its always hard to go back after such a break. I mean if you think about it I have pretty much had two weeks off, minus the few days that I have gone in for a few hours here and there. I could get used to working from home. Maybe its not so much the thought of going back, but the thought that the holidays are over. I say this every year but you build up for these few days. You decorate you shop. You wrap, and then in the matter of what seems to be mere moments, things are done and over with and your left with a mess.

And the whole knowing that you have a whole year to wait for that feeling to come around again. Though next year for Andy and I, it will be different. I mean come next year our little boy will be just about a year old, and it will be exciting I am sure.

Still it doesnt make the sting of knowing tomorrow begins another work week, any less.

No comments: