Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2009

On Monday, I will be two weeks away from our due date. I have to admit. I am growing increasingly nervous. Its not that I am not looking forward to having a kid. Because I think I have always wanted one. But its the unknown. I am expecting there to be pain, probably unbearable to be honest. But not knowing exactly what that pain is going to feel like. How long its going to take. Etc. Well that's the scary thing. I don't know how much pain, I don't know how long it will be. And I don't know when its going to happen.

The unknown.

And now that we are getting down to the final days, every little movement, you can't help but think, is this going to be it? Is this it? Should I, or should I not. Things like that. Its just the unknown that is scaring the shit out of me. I hate to admit it.

I probably shouldn't.

But this can't be helped. Because its not the things I know that scare me but the things that I don't.

Where will I be?

Is it going to be something I will recognize right away, or will it be something I won't. Will I go to work one morning and get there, thinking I am fine and be totally surprised.

I just don't have a clue.

Again, its the unknown that is scaring the shit out of me.

No comments: