Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Cool News.

On the way home last night Andy and I sat in traffic talking about our day as usual. Me, with my DC job, and Andy with his job for the Washington Capitals. As usual I didn't have much to report. I never truly do. I come in, I do my thing and leave. Andy on the other hand always seems to have something interesting. A player came in. He got to do this for the big boss. He gets to design some of the coolest things for the team. Like the Young Guns poster he was so proud of. Anyway. So last night he was talking as he usually does about office politics and what not. And then he slides in some of the biggest (and coolest in my opinion) news. He gets to design the 2008 Southeast Division champions banner that the Caps will proudly display in the stadium from this fall until the end of time. My HUSBAND gets to do that!

What more honor could he want? A Stanley Cup one perhaps? That will come. In the next year or two.

But until then. To know he gets to say he did that. And every time we return to the arena. Whether it be as an employee or simply as a fan.

He will forever be able to say. He did that.

No comments: